COMPLAINTS – MARINE TRADE
Your Insurer is committed to providing a high quality and professional service and to maintain fair outcomes for our customers. If You are dissatisfied or have any complaints about Your Policy or the handling of a claim You should, in the first instance, contact Laura Green on the following details:
By telephone:+44 (0)20 7953 6020
Write to:Legal & Regulatory, Markel International, London, EC3M 3AZ
The aim of this procedure is to settle the complaint fairly and as quickly as possible. We will use Our best endeavours to comply with the timeframes set out below.
1. A complaint received by Markel International Insurance Company Ltd (whether by letter, facsimile, e-mail, telephone conversation or other oral representation) will be allocated to an appropriate person to carry out an independent review of the justification of the complaint.
2. Complaints will be acknowledged in writing no later than 5 working days after receipt. That acknowledgement will include the name of the person who will be reviewing the complaint and a copy of this Complaint Procedure.
3. We will try to resolve a complaint within 4 weeks and give a written final response, or send an interim response explaining why we are not yet in a position to resolve matters.
4. By the end of eight weeks following receipt of a complaint, a final response will be issued or a further interim response giving an indication as to when a final response can be expected.
5. When we issue our acknowledgement of the complaint and our final response we will include a copy of a leaflet published by Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”).
The FOS operates a dispute resolution facility for consumers, micro-enterprises (small businesses), small charities and trustees. An eligible complainant has up to six months to register a complaint with the FOS if the outcome was not to their satisfaction. Should it prove necessary for the FOS to make a determination and the complainant accepts it, then we are bound by that determination up to a specified maximum amount.
You can contact the FOS at: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR Email: email@example.com Telephone: 0800 0234 567 (normally free for land line users) Telephone: 0300 1239 123 (charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs) Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk